Monday, January 5, 2009

Not always 3D

As we know nowadays, everything is in 3d.
Be it commercials, billboards, tv series or in the movies.
So in this post, I would like to share some animation done in 2d.
It makes me wonder if 3d can do wat these guys has done.
It's amazing!! These guys can draw and they bring their drawings to life!!
As a 3d animator myself, I just have much respect for these guys.
Here are some animation I found on youtube. It's very inspiring!!!!!! And highly entertaining!!!!

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Where Tears Comes From. By Bill Plympton



What is Bonnaroo?.By Bill Plympton



Prelude To Eden.By Michel Gagne



One of my top favourites!

Amp Your World. Three Legged Legs Studio



A very cool commercial! I love this!

Pencil Dance. 1989



I kid you not. These are all hand drawn. Frame by frame!!!! It just blew my mind!!!! Even Blasting into my mind!!!!!


A quoi ca sert l'amour



This short is really great. It's something everyone can relate to.

This is it so far. I will put up more later on.
Do let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. wooo...a whole new blog. you're a cartoonist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley Two Fish : Not really a cartoonist but more of a 3d animator. But I aim to be a cartoonist one day. =) Welcome to my blog. Glad to have u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dun lie, LX~ u'll nvr b unless u show us your works~ lol

    ReplyDelete